1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Sno-way 29 series plow with down pressure

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by pmgm, Feb 27, 2010.

1. pmgm

pmgm Junior Member

Well hello to everyone. Its been a while since i have been on here i dont post a lot but i read alot of the info on here that you guys have to offer. Here is my problem i was pulling in my driveway i had just finished plowing it and my plow stop working. I changed the batteries and nothing lights are bright on the controller( wireless) so i pulled the cover off the pump to check the fuses nothing blown. The green light on my module is not lighting up im stuck dont know what to do and i can't remove the plow from my truck i need help..

Thanks
    Pernell

2. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Do the controller lights flash when you when try to give a command? have you checked to see if your main power cable is properly connected? try pulling the main power and reattaching. check to see if you have 12 volts to the coils. the unit is low side switched so all the coils should have 12 volt power.

3. pmgm

pmgm Junior Member

Yes the controller flashes when i try to give it a command. I unhooked the cables then hooked them back up. I have to find my volt tester. I used a test light to see if i had power to the solenoid it was getting late and i didn't want the wires under the cover to get to wet it was still snowing. Can you tell me what to check? I will go outside and test everything you tell me.

Thanks

4. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Make sure you have power to the red/black wire and the red/white wire.

5. pmgm

pmgm Junior Member

Ok, Red/ black has power but red/white doesn't..

6. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Turn the controller off. Then go stand beside the pump and turn the controller back on. Do you hear a "Click" from the module? Do the controller buttons flash on their own shortly after you first turn it on? The flicker and the "click" should happen at the same time.

7. pmgm

pmgm Junior Member

I put the controller next to the pump i heard nothing,but get this i moved the harness around that goes to the module and i heard a click and things started to work.What is your take on that? I also forgot to mention module was replaced last season.

Last edited: Feb 28, 2010
  8. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Check to be sure all the pins are properly set in the plugs. Sounds like the power lead wasn't making contact.