1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Sno-Way 28V

Discussion in 'Sno-Way Discussion' started by WhiteBuffalo, Dec 11, 2005.

1. WhiteBuffalo

WhiteBuffalo Junior Member
    from Ovid MI

There is a new dealer in our area and possibly considering a new 28v. Problem is never had any Sno-Ways in the area before. The only thing I know about them is what I have found on the net and from the salesman but he is also knew to it. I do alot of commercial and a little residential. With the plows being so lite I am concerned with how well they hold up under heavy use. I have also heard they are kinda slow to move but like I said that is hear-say. Give me all the pro's and con's. I like to do my homework before I commit myself. So I figured this is by far the best place for info. Any input on the plows would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

2. CTerrySGD

CTerrySGD Member

i have two snoway 29 series.... they hold up well. i haven't had an issue with either one accept me not retracting the kick stand and almost ripping it off....

the trip edge blades and v plows have only been out a couple of years for snoway. haven't used either...

3. mikeww

mikeww Junior Member

Love my Snoway V

I had my 8' snoway V about 10 years now broke a few parts over time but thats normal on something that you will pound on. I can't complain it took a beating, served me well and is still working. Just added prowings should have done this years ago it's great. Thinking about replacing the snoway with a boss or maybe fisher or western, or maybe back to snoway. Can't decide really like the Boss hookup and the optional Boss made wings. But for sure it will be a V. If Snoway had wings like Boss a new snoway 9' V with wings would be mine. Sorry no Blizzard for this guy.

4. scottL

scottL PlowSite.com Addict

I've had my snowway on a K3500 chevy since 1997. I plow large lots, very big town home communities including public streets, drives, restraunts, etc. Never found it to be slow nor has it ever let me down.

As for the weight - this is a positive. You want the plow a little lighter when pushing or communting. When you need extra weight for back dragging or really scrapping, flip the switch for the down pressure and the weight of the front end of your truck is added. I beleive my plow weights about 480#'s. When the pressure switch is added it jumps to a point I know it out does the 8.5' westerns - not even a competition at that point.

5. Lee-Way

Lee-Way Junior Member

But it

I bought a 29 series 3 years ago and I bought just for the fact of the weight difference (less stress on the front end). I do 90% commercial and the weight has never been a issue. I hope this helped.

----------------
    2004 3500 Duramax (29 series Preditor)

6. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

10 years with a v. Kick butt plow, never let me down. Super fast hyd. nothing else has the DP. easy to hook up. Stacks higher then any blade I've ever used. I will never have anything else. I've broke a center wedge once when I hit a raised manhole cover it was a cheap fix. Have used both the steel and the lexen, the lexen is the bomb. Snow slides off so easy. After all your tongue dosn't stick to cold plastic. no rust either. The light comes from not having all that heavy steel needed for the lift frame, and the "Flex Frame" design off the moldboard. Look at Fisher and western who are both playing catch-up. Fishers new X frame is Just their way of trying to join Snoway in this the 21 century.
    There no way but Snoway!!!!!!!!!!!!!!