1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Sno-Way 26D w/ down pressure

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by Turf Z, Feb 27, 2012.

1. Turf Z

Turf Z Senior Member

sorry about the large images, added them as just links so it doesn't stretch the forum page

Recently I've noticed my blade is loose on the bolt it swivels on.. as in, it isn't tight and is able to wobble from side to side and flex forward and back since it isn't tight in between the slot it's bolted to. (I've added pictures since this is kind of hard to explain):

You can see the frame of the blade isn't tight in there, letting it wobble.

Is this bolt being loose my problem? I feel as if tightening it still wouldn't tight up the blade frame inbetween.. also everything looks straight, so I don't think I've bent anything.

Any feedback or ideas would be greatly appreciated!
    Last edited: Feb 27, 2012
  2. Turf Z

Turf Z Senior Member

any ideas?
  3. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Sorry shoot me a PM if I miss the postThumbs Up

Yes that bolt could well be your problem. To start with it is in upside down. I would get a new one remove that one and install the new one to proper torque.