1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Sno-way 26 series shoes blade placement

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by TNSnowMan2224, Apr 15, 2015.

1. TNSnowMan2224

TNSnowMan2224 Junior Member

Finally went and picked up the 26 series
    Love the plow, truck handled it nice
    Spreader is top of the line equipment

Question is
    The shoes have spacers, I want to be 2/16th of an inch off the ground
    Just barely holding it level

Or should I go strictly concrete to blade?
    I don't want to have to do repair work

I'm new so give me best look/safety spot to be

Thanks
    CW

2. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Trash the skid feet for anything but gravel. Interferes with the Down Pressure's ability to cut in to hard pack.

3. gasjr4wd

gasjr4wd Senior Member

Why do you want to be 1/8" above? Adjust so the blade just hits the ground, by about one washer. Do it in a flat parking lot, not in a road/drive. They have a crown so water doesn't pool. Parking lots tend to be more flat. You can use a flashlight behind it, or put a washer or two under each shoe... what ever.
    You want to wear the blade down to the shoes. Once or twice a season check it. Many times the center wears more than the ends, then lower blade so the ends meet center for wear.
    I don't see how shoes interfere with scraping. If they did, you would see the two shoes leave marks in the snow/ice.