1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Sno-way 25d sticking valve

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by Jerrylives906, Nov 29, 2014.

1. Jerrylives906

Jerrylives906 Junior Member

There are 2 coils and valves on each side of the motor. First thing it did though was whether i pushed left or right it went up. So I pushed on valve, then it went to the right. I pushed on other valve wit ha screwdriver and it went left. . So what do I do now??? Im lost, I hate this sno-way. Worked good til now. Cant even find manuals anymore for it

2. Rick547

Rick547 Senior Member
    from Indiana

You can get a manual here. http://www.snoway.com/service.cfm

3. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

4. Jerrylives906

WHere did you get temper tantrum? I just simply asked a question. Thanks to those who helped. So I should take that valve out? Next year im getting a western. Thanks

5. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

. So what do I do now??? Im lost, I hate this sno-way. Worked good til now. Cant even find manuals anymore for it

Seems like that is what basher is referring to.
    I'll ask, what's the maintenance been like on this plow?

6. bhmjwp

bhmjwp Senior Member
    from kcmo

I'm guessing a 10 or 12 yo plow in snow country. Sounds like 1 st problem and ready to changes brands. No loyalty in this country anymore. Spend the money, buy a new Western and then write back in 10 years!

7. Jerrylives906

Sno-way is from 99. Thing is, we get 300 inches of snow here a year and I plow 7 driveways. I dont really mind the sno-way except its slow going up. I dont know how to increase the speed...but yeah I need something reliable. Customers want their sh*t done. SO I guess take both valves out then?

8. dieselss

What does the manual state?
    And you never answered about the maintenance you do on it?

9. Jerrylives906

The manual says remove both of those valves and pull out hte plungers. As far as maintenance I changed the fluid, took reservoir off, pushed cylinders in and put the frigid blue -60 fluid in there(universal) My sno-way dealer went out of biz this past summer. Really hoping that works. I dont have alot of money right now and its 20 degrees out. I have no garage.

10. Rick547

Rick547 Senior Member
    from Indiana

A 15 year old plow that does not have problems now and then just does not exist.

11. Jerrylives906

Well I took apart both angle solenoids, cleaned them, made sure they moved freely in the bore, put it back, still raises when you hit left or right. So, what do I do next? Someone mentioned spool valve, I dont see where that is. No ice inside of it anywhere. Seems to me like its more than just iced up, like a part is broken. Please I really need some help. Im Mechanically inclined but new to hydraulic pumps

12. dieselss

Both angle solenoids? May I.inquirie what those are?

13. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

And the shuttle moved freely? This unit should default to raise so you have to have either a bad LOWER valve/coil on the front of the unit or the shuttle is not centering as it should. Look at the drawings in the manuals.

14. Jerrylives906

Ok thanks guys. I dont know where the shuttle valve is but its -1 out there today(fahrenheit that is) and theres no way in hell im messing with it out in this could

15. Jerrylives906

The lower valve works ok, I tested that. Ive never messed with hydraulic pumps before. Can someone please explain how I check my shuttle valve. The manual doesnt show me much. I really need help with this. Im gonna end up getting mad and smashign holes in it with a sledgehammer. Thanks

16. Jerrylives906

Its fixed. On the ends of the angle solenoids, there is a little brass insert in teh middle. I tapped in on those because I didnt know. Well today I figured Id take both solenoids off and tap them back out from the other end. Put it back together and it works just fine now. Cept now I have ATF in it instead of -60 stuff. At least it works. Thanks for the advice. Never get another sno-way I can tell you that. Even the new dealer told me the plastic kind are junk.