1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Sno way 22 questions!!

Discussion in 'Sno-Way Discussion' started by crankerthedude9, Sep 20, 2008.

1. crankerthedude9

crankerthedude9 Junior Member

I am purchashing a brand new sno way 22 series down pressure plow for my 2000 ford explorer and i just have a few questions for you sno way guys. What is the difference between the MT and the 22 series? Also, After I get the 22 and take the plow off to park it in the garage until it starts to snow are the mounts on the truck really bulky and close to the ground? or can they come off so I can 'hide' them like you can with a suburbanite or homesteader? Also, wich should I get, the wireless control the joystick control or the handheld control??? I've pretty much ruled out the suburbanite and homesteader because the 22 is a little taller and seems to be more rugged.. am I right? Is the 22 more rugged than the suburbanite and its twin the homesteader? Please anwser all my questions!!
  2. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

The Snoway is a rugged little plow for sure, there are a number of guys on the site using them "commercially" with good success, Preicelawn, Addicted, just to name 2, both are running 22 series in commercial applications quite successfully. I have a customer running a fleet of Toyotas (3) with 22s pushing driveways and lots where maneuverability is at a premium. he only time i see them is when they're dropping off their different manufacturers 8'6" blade for repair. They swear when that truck's gone it's replacement gets a snoway.
  3. toby4492

toby4492 2000 Club Member

Our 22 series makes an excellent application for the Explorer.

Thanks for your interest in Sno-Way, we appreciate your business :waving:
  4. Pearcelawn

Pearcelawn Senior Member

As Basher said, I have a 22 on a Ranger Edge and love it!! Great fit for the truck and I sneak in and out of the tight areas very quickly. You won't be disappointed.
  5. 071011

071011 Junior Member

Hi Tom/Basher, Need some help with Snoway plow since I can't tell if this is 22 or ST. Picts are in my album. This came from 05 Wrangler and I would like to install it on 08 Wrangler Rubicon. Basher can help me with the bracket ;)
  6. toby4492

toby4492 2000 Club Member

The pix in your profile are an ST series model.