1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

sno-slide

Discussion in 'Blizzard Plows Discussion' started by Detroitdan, Jan 5, 2009.

1. Detroitdan

Detroitdan PlowSite.com Addict

anybody tried it yet? just saw it on the website, looks pretty neat. I often back up and realize I have 300 lbs of snow on top of my frame. Course I probably wouldn't need it if I made a deflector.

2. Jerre Heyer

Jerre Heyer Senior Member

They work good. Have several guys running them as they can't easily run deflectors also. Cuts down on the snow load considerably and keeps it from flying back up onto the hood if the plow trips.

J

3. purpleranger519

purpleranger519 Senior Member
    from Kansas

I made my own. just gave my buddy that works in a heating and air shop the dimmensions and he gave it to his sheet metal guy. Attached 2 nut riviots to each side of the sheet metal for attaching it to the plow. I was worried that it might be noisey, but it isn't at all. It keeps the snow off that for sure. Didn't cost me a thing. My buddy said if he wouldn't have had any scrap sheet metal it would have been about $12.

Spring Cover1.jpg

Spring Cover2.jpg

springcover3.jpg

springcover4.jpg

4. Ram4045

Ram4045 Junior Member

Excellent idea

5. Detroitdan

doesn't look like it will divert the snow off both sides of the pump cover like the Blizzard one though

6. purpleranger519

from Kansas

Its never been an issue. Works GREAT, but you can go pay $200+ for the Blizzard one.

7. Detroitdan

Easy, I'm just saying it doesn't look like it works the same, I thought the point of the Blizzard one was to keep snow off the pump, it looks like it deflects it to both sides, where as yours appears to mostly keep it from building up in the trip spring area.
    And no I wouldn't give Blizzard money for any of their accessories, they are all ridiculously overpriced. And most of their stuff you can make yourself. I'm on the fence on this one though, it looks like something that would work as intended, however I'm not too sure that I mind the extra weight of all that snow on there when I'm backdragging.

8. purpleranger519

from Kansas

Basically the same thing. Blizzards is just raised more in the center. They call it the "sno-slide trip spring cover"

powerplowtripspringcover.jpg