1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

sno pro 3000 wiring issues

Discussion in 'SNO-PRO PLOW AND ACCESSORIES by Curtis' started by pitsingerk, Nov 17, 2014.

1. pitsingerk

pitsingerk Junior Member

I posted this in another section on this site before I realized there was a dedicated Curtis page. I also did not take the time to search as I only have a couple minutes before I have to leave again. If this is else where on here I apologize.

I recently purchased a used Curtis Sno-pro 3000 plow used, it is a 2006 model, 7 1/2'. When I went to install it on my truck I realized the previous owner mangled the wiring harness. I ordered a new harness, truck and plow side and installed it, unfortunately it is the new style harness with relays inline instead and not the old style. When I hook onto the plow and hit a button on the controller, the plow motor comes on and will not shut off until I turn the controller off. The plow does not move at all, no lift, no right or left. Motor just runs until I shut it off. I've double checked all my connections. I tried a friends controller with the same outcome. Does anyone on here have any idea where I should look to resolve this problem?

2. DERHNTR

DERHNTR Junior Member

down load the Sno-pro 3000 manual from Sno-Pro's website.

2. Pump motor runs continually.
    Disconnect switch control or joystick control at the white 9-pin connector in cab.
    If pump continues to run, pump solenoid has failed in a locked on
    position. Remove power to pump by disconnecting Main Power
    connector. Replace solenoid.

If pump stops running, check control for stuck switches or a short
    between black and brown wires.

3. pitsingerk

pitsingerk Junior Member

I've downloaded the trouble shooting guide. I can turn the motor off by turning off the controller. I've ruled out the controller by trying a friends controller with the same outcome, I have to shut the switch off to get the unit to shut off. No matter what, I'm not getting any movements on the plow even though the motor is running.

4. DERHNTR

DERHNTR Junior Member

I would check the brown and black wires for a short. Could be a short in the plug too. Happen once to me on old style harness.

5. mmd1071

mmd1071 Junior Member

Run a ground wire from the ground of the pump motor to the back between the motor and reservoir where the stud is on the back. It needs the extra ground and you should be good. Had same problem when I replaced both truck and plow side harnesses together.