1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

sno pro 3000 ... need wiring help

Discussion in 'SNO-PRO PLOW AND ACCESSORIES by Curtis' started by bsteckel, Oct 28, 2014.

1. bsteckel

bsteckel Junior Member

I am beginning to take my plow apart and get things ready for the season. It seems a mouse decided to make a nest inside the A frame. Some of the hoses were chewed and one wire coming out of the float valve is chewed bare. it still works, but i need to repair this. it looks like the valve is over $100 (wow :dizzy:) .. wondering if I can buy both or one side of the connector to splice in and repair ??

any thoughts ??

2. Nascar24

Nascar24 Senior Member

if you have enough wire I would solder a new wire in, shrink wrap it and tape over, should be an acceptable repair. I'm sure you could also find a replacement plug at NAPA, they usually have a good selection of plugs, you could really use any type of weather tight connector providing it uses as heavy gauge wire as the oem plug used. Again solder and shrink wrap all connections.
  3. bsteckel

bsteckel Junior Member

thanks ... i had just enough room to solder a new wire in .. if that fails, i will look for a replacement like you had said ...

much appreciated.
  4. linckeil

linckeil PlowSite.com Addict
    from CT

5. bsteckel

bsteckel Junior Member

thanks .. will look into it ..

you would not happen to know how the jack cylinder comes out to change the jack hose would you .. i have another post on this, but not getting many replies.

6. Randall Ave

Randall Ave PlowSite.com Addict

If you want to remove the jack piston, the main pivot bolt has to come out, the bottom cover has to come off, then the tension springs have to be loosened for the jack leg. Then remove the jack leg, then the jack piston should come out. Curtis does have repair harness ends for your plow. Do you have the singe plug or two plug
  7. bsteckel

bsteckel Junior Member

i have the single plug ...

i cant believe what you have to go thru just to change the jack hose. what a pain in the ass. should have left it alone.