1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

sno pro 3000.. how to change the jack hose

Discussion in 'SNO-PRO PLOW AND ACCESSORIES by Curtis' started by bsteckel, Oct 28, 2014.

1. bsteckel

bsteckel Junior Member

trying to get my curtis cleaned up and ready. i would like to change all hoses, but cannot see how to get to the jack hose to remove it. i can only remove 4 of the screws on what looks to be an access plate on the bottom of the plow frame. do i have to remove the trip frame to get the access plate off? if so, what size sockets do i need? there is one (large) bolt/nut that looks like it would take it off.

Thanks in advance for the help....

Brad

2. bsteckel

bsteckel Junior Member

no one here has changed the jack hose?

3. DERHNTR

DERHNTR Junior Member

Have you looked at the manual?

4. bsteckel

bsteckel Junior Member

yes. have you changed the hose? or taken out the jack cylinder or guide rod?

5. DERHNTR

DERHNTR Junior Member

No I just looked at mine and can see it would be a pain

6. bsteckel

bsteckel Junior Member

it is a pain ... not done yet .. the cylinder does not come out the plow end, it must come back thru the truck side .. i think you have to take off the spring and the threaded rod . should be fun as the nuts are rusted. :realmad:

great design, until you have to work on it. i would have preferred a manual jack i think.

7. kofkorn

kofkorn Junior Member

I redid mine last winter. The jack comes out the front of the A-frame. You have to remove the main pivot and trip mechanism to get it out. Additionally, you have to disconnect the jack hose before you can slide it out. You also have to remove the nut off of the spring return, then drop the actual jack foot itself. When the jack cylinder is loose, you can slide the shaft out the rear of the A-Frame and rotate the jack to access the hose fitting. Remove the hose fitting, and slide out the jack cylinder.

Reverse to re-assemble. By the time you remove the jack cylinder, you're better off reconditioning the paint etc, as you've pretty much disassembled the entire front end of the plow.

Good luck!