1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Sno Pro 3000 Help

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by tle1288, Dec 21, 2014.

1. tle1288

tle1288 Junior Member
    from NH

Hey Everyone, I'm having some issues with my Curtis sno pro 3000 plow and was hoping I could get some help. I tried to hook up the plow to my '06 2500hd last week and none of my plow functions were working. I also noticed that my lights weren't coming on, only the side markers were lighting up. I checked the solenoid and it appears to be working fine. Using a test light, I went through the truck side harness plug and all of the pins are working except for what they call the "12vDc Hi Amp pin (#2)". The troubleshoot guide says that this pin should get voltage when any function is used or the plow is in float. Both the plow and truck side harnesses are new last year and the plow worked great all last winter. I had it inside all summer and now it's not working. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

2. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

I checked the solenoid and it appears to be working fine

How did you do this if your plow isn't working at all?

3. tle1288

tle1288 Junior Member
    from NH

I checked the functionality of it using a test light. One pole has voltage and when you press any of the functions on the controller, the second pole gets voltage and you can audibly hear it switch.

4. dieselss

Ok. Then move to the plow motor and see if the test light lights. Also don't forget your gnds

5. tle1288

tle1288 Junior Member
    from NH

I am receiving voltage at the plow pump motor. I also went around all of the waterproof connectors at the coils and they are are all receiving power too. I'm a little confused with the lights not working either. I haven't checked the connectors to my truck lights, but it seems odd that something happened with the lights at the same time as whatever else is wrong. How do I check if the grounds are good? Thanks.

6. dieselss

If you getting power to the motor, and at the coils, how is the plow not moving?

Last edited: Dec 22, 2014
  7. Randall Ave

Randall Ave PlowSite.com Addict

Do you have a single plug, or a two plug set up. You say you replaced the harness last year, but by your test statement you have a single plug set up. Quick ground test, take a battery jumper cable, connect it to your ground post on plow unit, then other end to your negative battery post. The motors like to come loose in the a frames, sometimes loosening the ground connections.

8. tle1288

tle1288 Junior Member
    from NH

I have a two plug setup. The large plug with all of the pins and the small plug with the red/black heavy gauge wires. I will try the ground test. Thanks.