1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Sno-Pro 2000

Discussion in 'SNO-PRO PLOW AND ACCESSORIES by Curtis' started by dieselboy, Dec 25, 2006.

1. dieselboy

dieselboy Member

A Curtis plow forum!

I have a 7.5' Sno Pro 2000 and it works great. Not sure if its designed for commercial plowing but i did 6 or 7 driveways with it each snow and had no problems.

Just thought i would add to the Curtis forum. Havnt seen much about them in the other one, but they are a good product not to be overooked.
  2. Vulcanclassic15

Vulcanclassic15 Member
    from Ohio

Curtis Sno-pro 2000 on 93 ford

Its an older plow, but it works like new. Not as many parts to break like the new 3000 hitch-en run, Don't have to "ram" it just to put it on, no frozen arms or auto jacks to freeze & it gets the jobs done! Its paid for its self over & over & over again!

Truck 105.jpg

Truck 106.jpg

Truck 107.jpg

Truck 108.jpg
  3. makplow

makplow Senior Member

I have too agree some times simple is better! I'm sure as long as you take it easy it will do the same work as a 3000.

4. Vulcanclassic15

Vulcanclassic15 Member
    from Ohio

Hi Mak,
    One of my Friends has the 3000, he has some of the same issues you have with the cutting edge falling off & wearing down fast. When it breaks he calls me to help finish some of his jobs, when his is froze & he can't get the jack down, he brings it to my garage to melt it off. He is now looking for a 2000 series lol!! And another Friend of mine bought my 2003 Chevy with a Western V, I never had a problem with the truck or plow, he has not been able to plow through a hole storm with out something being broke on the plow lol!! I keep telling him he has to do normal maintenance!! The 2000 series might be older, but at least it works!!

I had to dig to find receipt for when the cutting edge was purchased it was 10/19/01 & still has a little life left!

Do you have a photo of your truck set up??
  5. MGardner

MGardner Senior Member

I have exactly the same plow,bought it new 99 ?? It had sit on a Lesco showroom somewhere (Lesco used to carry Curtis). I remeber because it cost me 2900.00 with a nice factory joystick. Have used and used it and the only real problem is, the mice get into the little holes on the bottom motor compartment and chew the harneses. I agree this is a nice plow .Hooking it up now is no problem either,in fact I drop my plow more often than the big boys with the latest hook ups. Have blown a hose with it and broke the lift pin once but those were easy fix. Lord willing it will continue holding up against a lot of work.
  6. PLOWMAN45

PLOWMAN45 2000 Club Member

paint that thing
  7. lawn king

lawn king PlowSite.com Addict

I had an 8' series 2000 on my 96 chevy K2500, 7 seasons of trouble free operation. The 2000 series is a simple,durable,dependeble plow!
  8. PLOWMAN45

PLOWMAN45 2000 Club Member

next year i want an ultra moint or a meyers classic mount i had a meyers and 8 years of 0 problems