1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Sno-king Plows

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by lakeeffect, Dec 17, 2004.

1. lakeeffect

lakeeffect Senior Member

for those who can't decide between trip edge and full trip here you go. Have no experience with these plows but so literature at the Viking plant when I was picking up parts. If they are built anything like Viking highway plows they should be awesome.
    http://www.viking-cives.ca/SnoKing/products/SnoKing LD.htm
  2. lakeeffect

lakeeffect Senior Member

So has anyone seen one of these in operation?
  3. lamarbur

lamarbur Senior Member

I ran them on our highway dpt years ago when they came out.. As far as I'm concerned,, 5.00 a ton is all they are worth,,, They are not, at least then, a good commercial plow.. We had nothing but heartache using them,, Although I have to say,, this is what happens when you buy under state bid,, The upfitter then (somewhere around Milford MA) ,, anyway, the upfitter I believe was the major cause as everything was off an eight here, quarter there and so on.. It exacerbated an already weak designed plow.. Today, they very well may be redesigned for better strength, and or have found better suppliers that are willing to take the time and mount things correctly.. I am talking 96 to 98 time frame, and that is ancient technology by now.
  4. lakeeffect

lakeeffect Senior Member

What size did you run?
  5. QMVA

QMVA Senior Member

950lb for a 8'plow :eek: Seems heavy to me.
  6. DropPlow

DropPlow Junior Member

QMVA- I agree! And that's with a POLY moldboard.