1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Sno foil

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by PITCH, Sep 15, 2008.

1. PITCH

PITCH Member
    from hamburg

I'm looking to put a sno foil on my 8ft hd. I would like to keep the stones and sand off my hood and the snow off the windshield. I'm sure the topic has been covered somewere on this site. I have a few questions for people that have used them

1. Does it keep the snow off the windshield??

2. I have a d-max. Will it restrict the air flow to the point of overheating the truck?? I do have to do some freeway driving. The truck does have the plow prep with the proper fan clutch.

3. My plowing consists of a 800 feet of a common drive way with loading docks on either side. Once you get by the docks there is a field that we generally push the snow back to. Then we have two lots we plow in the same complex. Then my residential driveway.

2. brad96z28

brad96z28 PlowSite.com Addict

I have a 04 d max and have drove about 20 miles on the highway With my 8ft mm2 with snow foil. The temp never changed from what it normally is.I usually dont plow fast enough to get snow on the windsheild But im sure it helps.

3. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

If you plow at 2mph you shouldn't have a problem. Had one for yrs and it still kicked up snow.