1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Sno foil

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Chevytruck85, Mar 9, 2005.

1. Chevytruck85

Chevytruck85 Senior Member

I just got a new fisher sno foil what do you guys think of them? any good?
  2. PlowMan03

PlowMan03 Senior Member
    from Maine

I have a Sno Foil on my plow and it works great, no complaints here. Works really good when it's all powder, you can really make it fly then.
  3. mikelawtown

mikelawtown Senior Member
    from Mass

I second that one. When we had 30 inches last month,(light and fluffy) payup . i had a driveway that was around 70 feet long and with the foil i just angled it and it just rolled. Keeps some from hitting the windshield also..
  4. PlowMan03

PlowMan03 Senior Member
    from Maine

Thats a plus as well
  5. jsaunders

jsaunders Senior Member

I just picked up 1 for my new "upgrade" 8' to 9' fisher. I'm NOT HAPPY WITH THE QUALITY. The old ones were one piece. Than they went to 2 pieces and now there's 3 pieces for a 9' plow. The fit SUCKS and I had to enlarge all of the hole to get the bolts to fit and the mounting 'ears' were all way off they had to come in 1/4". But there's always on the plows wouldn't plow without them. Joel
  6. PlowMan03

PlowMan03 Senior Member
    from Maine

When I got my foil for my plow it came in 2 pieces not 3. I didn't have to do anything to the holes to make it fit.
  7. WOODY367

WOODY367 Senior Member
    from LI, NY

I love them. Wouldn't plow without them. Great for doing long drives or road with powdery snow. Mine was a 2 piece unit 8' and fit great.
  8. lakeeffect

lakeeffect Senior Member

Love them, always ran them on our Fishers until we bought the XBlade, no foil for those but do have the rubber deflector. Those foils make the snow roll nice.
  9. sgthawkusmc

sgthawkusmc Member

My OEM Fisher Snofoil for my 8' came in three pieces. If you drill it right it will fit fine. I love mine except when I have to back drag a few driveways. You can't get as close with the foil. It sticks out about 6-8" further.
  10. Bad Luck

Bad Luck Senior Member

...my truck overheats going around the block now....could only imagine how it would do with another 8-9 inches of height....!!! would love to get one though.
  11. justme-

justme- 2000 Club Member

they only benifit you when you have a distance to plow, inother words most driveways don't have enough legnth for you to push to let you benifit from them. I only have 1 drive that it would benifit me on so I have a rubber belt to put on for next season. When you can get some distance in a push they are great however. I have an 8' 2 piece one as well. They have been 2 piece units for 8+ years.
    It adds alot of weight and reduces your stacking ability a bit.
  12. sgthawkusmc

sgthawkusmc Member

It's only a couple of inches in added height. The 8-9 inches is the length it sticks out further than the plow normally.
    If you're overheating with a plow, it sounds like it's time for a flush & fill or tstat or a new radiator because yours is plugged. Somthing taint right anyway.