1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Sno Foil or rubber deflector

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by kramer56, Oct 16, 2006.

1. kramer56

kramer56 Senior Member

Hey I am lookin into getting a sno foil or rubber deflector for my fisher plow. Does anyone know what is better to have for keeping snow off my windshield???? any help ?

2. J29

J29 Senior Member

SnoFoil by far. I will never have another plow without having one. I know some say that it doesn't allow you to stack as high, but I have never had a problem. Just my 2 cents. J.

3. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping 2000 Club Member

if you do a lot of backdragging ide go with the rubber deflector....anything else...sno-foil

4. Big Dog D

Big Dog D PlowSite.com Addict

Whats wrong with the sno-foil for backdragging?

5. zapster

zapster Member

i made my own rubber deflector from a old conveyer belt from a sand plant....
    6" is plenty even in the powder...and it dont come back over the plow to blind you while driving...:eek:

...zap!

6. itsgottobegreen

itsgottobegreen PlowSite.com Addict

It sticks 8" out in front of the cutting edge. So you can't get as close to garage doors with them. AKA more shoveling required.

7. Big Dog D

Big Dog D PlowSite.com Addict

8"??????? Come on......:dizzy:

8. kramer56

kramer56 Senior Member

so a rubber deflector is better for backdraggin then hey. will it work the same for long driveways or alot of powder?

9. DESTEFANO3782

DESTEFANO3782 Senior Member

Personally If Your Trying To Get That Close To A Doog Your Just Looking Foor Trouble, Eventually Youll Be Buying A New Garage Door Casue You Slid Through It.