1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Sno-foil loose bolts

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by buddymanzpop, Jan 12, 2011.

1. buddymanzpop

buddymanzpop Senior Member

Has anyone figured out how to bolt a sno-foil on with out the nuts and bolts constantly loosening up, I have been fighting this issue for years, now the MM2 is doing it also just like the MM1's did. If I put a tack on the nuts they seem to eventually break.

2. chevyzrule810

chevyzrule810 PlowSite.com Addict

lock nuts or double nut.Also threadlocker.Second season of plowing with it on and none of them have come loose.

3. justme-

justme- 2000 Club Member

thread locker or lock washers

4. buddymanzpop

buddymanzpop Senior Member

I use lock washers, red thread locker and they never hold.

5. fx4plowin

fx4plowin Member

im assuming your talking about a steel version, not a poly version. what i have done to quite a few friends plows when they start the coming loose stage is tig the nuts solid to the bolts after they tight on the bottom side of the nut(away from blade) and with a solid tig bead around them they have never come loose, and after a week i did take my matco impact and broke three off in a few seconds just to make sure there was a way to do so in case of replacement..