1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Sno ex Junior 325???????value

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by kj330, Dec 5, 2009.

1. kj330

kj330 Member

I just picked up a one year old never used or mounted. it is a sno ex sp-325 salt spreader. i paid 250.00. how much do these sell for. it is only for a small (25 by 45 parking lot).

2. Tosa93F250

Tosa93F250 Member

I just payed ~950 brand new and did the install myself on Thursday. So I'd say you got a pretty good deal

3. Division

Division Member

$1050 installed round here.... found it was a lil small so i found a almost new 575 the other day for 800.

4. poopdeckpappy

poopdeckpappy Member
    from KC,KS

Got a used 575 without the vibe for 500.Buying the larger swingout tailgate spreader today for only 450.It pays to be blessed with good friends and family.

5. kj330

kj330 Member

Yes i used it today and found the hopper to be small also. but overall for the little bit of salt i use, it was perfect..

6. Division

Division Member

Glad it worked out for you! with the little work u have for it, sounded like a great buy. Always make sure to wash it down after use to keep it running smooth!

7. poopdeckpappy

poopdeckpappy Member
    from KC,KS

Dont forget the grease zert on the shaft bearing.Keep it lubed baby!

8. kj330

kj330 Member

thanks poop

9. poopdeckpappy

poopdeckpappy Member
    from KC,KS

Think nothing of it.I learned the hard way and had to diassemble the shaft and bearing.Sand the rust off,steel wool it also.Alot of time taken unecessarily.

10. Greenery

Greenery 2000 Club Member

How much do they hold And how did it work? Just curious as there a couple new ones in my area for sale for cheap?

11. Tosa93F250

Tosa93F250 Member

They hold 2.7 Cu ft. Mine worked just fine for the 30 minutes I ran it yesterday. At full speed I went through almost 200lbs of salt in 30 mins. The hopper is a little smaller than I would've liked but it gets the job done.

12. kj330

kj330 Member

worked real well. i had a fisher 1000 tqailgae unit years ago, and it wouldnt feed. this is a very good unit for SMALL stuff