1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Sno Dogg or Western?

Discussion in 'SnowDogg Snow Plows' started by scottytohotty, Oct 18, 2011.

1. scottytohotty

scottytohotty Junior Member

Gents, I currently have a 7.5 Western Pro Poly on a 98 k2500. I am switching to an 05 gm short bed reg cab. I really like my Pro Poly and have had 0 problems in 7 years, it is actually lighter than the HD75 , ultra mount is awsome, downside is its about $1,200 higher than the Sno Dogg, local service not as good. Sno Dogg likes...Stainless moldboard, good dealer support (factory & dealer only 20 min from me) , good price, downside mounting is a little cheesy, that little jack seems like its gonna be a problem, frame mount not very stealth when plow not on, I have really no feedback on Sno Dogg.
    I plow my drive which is about 800' with an additional 6 parking spots, I also plow my commercial building which is about 40,000 sq feet of plowing with a lot of manuevering..

I was also concidering Snow Doggs VMD75, or going up to an 8' straight blade.
    Any feedback would be great.
  2. res201cue

res201cue Senior Member

I currently own an 8 and a half foot EX and am really pleaed with it. its built well and is rugged. the jack they use hasnt really been a problem the only suggestion I would have is to put it in your truck when your plow is mounted. I almost lost mine last year when the pin that holds it in the storage spot came loose. I know the mount isnt the prettiest thing but it is a pretty nice system fast and easy. overall I like mine. as far as the western I cant speak too much on the topic I used to own a uni-mount plow but never an ultra. good luck
  3. 07F-250V10

07F-250V10 Senior Member

You havent had any problems with the Western you own now, so buy another Western. Theres a reason why its $1200 more.