1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

SnM Mini LED Bar

Discussion in 'Strobe Lighting' started by MarkEagleUSA, Jan 4, 2014.

1. MarkEagleUSA

MarkEagleUSA Senior Member

I just got this Strobes n' More Mini Bar as a Christmas present to myself and must say I love it. Plenty bright, even in daylight, plus it's small and compact enough that it doesn't stick out on top of the truck. With 21 flash patterns and a a really good warranty, you can't go wrong for $199.99.

My only complaint is that the instructions are very sparse. Sure, a magnetic mount bar doesn't need much, but I was hoping for more technical details, like a listing of the flash patterns. I emailed SnM directly but they were unable to provide a list. No big deal, but I think it would help them sell more of these things if they at least listed the available patterns on their website.
  2. razr777

razr777 Senior Member
    from JERSEY

I got one when they had the sale price i was not impressed at all it was just like a big bright blur. I sold it to a kid that plows with us for 100.00.
  3. MarkEagleUSA

MarkEagleUSA Senior Member

Thankfully mine doesn't have that problem. It's very bright and the individual LED's are easily seen. There 4 "weak spots" when viewing at about a 45° angle to the bar but you can still see the flash.

I really like the compact height of this bar. It replaced a Whelen Guardian Strobe that was huge compared to this one.
  4. SnowGuy73

SnowGuy73 PlowSite Fanatic

I would've spent the extra $100 and went with whelen.
  5. Triton2286

Triton2286 Senior Member

I have to agree with the lack of information thing.

I have not purchased anything of their own brand, but their website can really lack information sometimes.

In some cases they don't even tell you the size of some light bars. They have tabs on the product pages for manufacturer info and they almost never have it.