1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

sneak peek...

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by PTSolutions, Jan 7, 2011.

1. PTSolutions

PTSolutions PlowSite.com Addict

heres a couple pics of my back rack build. i bought the main frame from spider industries. you can get several options, i wanted the plain one b/c i wanted to add my own led lights and im a firm believer in the less is more simple look approach.

ill be adding the 9" 10led stop/turn/tail light at the top and a matching 12" 14led stop/turn/tail light strip vertically. then on the inside 45* corner im mounting soundoff 1000lumen square led scene lights. i ordered it naked instead of powder coated b/c i will be taking it to a line x dealer and getting it coated there with the anti fade additive.

my brother used this design for something similar, but I dont want to ruin his surprise, you'll see that one when its done.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. PTSolutions

3. chevyman51

chevyman51 Senior Member

Do you have a link to where you ordered it from?

4. PTSolutions

5. chevyman51

chevyman51 Senior Member

Thanks. Looks like you could do a lot of diffrent things with that.

6. STIHL GUY

STIHL GUY Senior Member
    from CT

looks great

7. maverjohn

maverjohn Senior Member

That thing will look cool on any truck! nice job and cool lights.

8. KMBertog

KMBertog PlowSite.com Addict

good job with the custom rack! looking good!

9. maelawncare

maelawncare Senior Member

Looks awesome. Some soundoff ghost strobe lights would go perfect on angle part between the stop lights. And it would stick with the light them.

10. deere615

deere615 2000 Club Member

Things going to be nice! trucks look so much better with a back/safety rack IMO

11. paponte

paponte Senior Member

Looking good! I love the matching flip flops too!

12. JohnnyU

JohnnyU 2000 Club Member

I really like their products, but I think they are a bit too proud of them....

Interested to see how it turns out, are you adding any iron to it, or just the lights?

13. PTSolutions

im just adding lights to mine, i like a clean look and still have some visibility back there.

here is a progress picture of my brothers. he built this from scratch. ill be doing the wiring.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

14. THEGOLDPRO

THEGOLDPRO PlowSite Veteran

is your brother paul tuttle jr by chance?

15. PTSolutions

he did use the black widow as inspiration lol and he loves that show. if he would have a bit more patience his work would come out alot better, not saying its no good, but he just has more potential.

16. dieseld

dieseld Senior Member
    from 90210

That was funny.

17. JohnnyU

JohnnyU 2000 Club Member

What is he doing for the transition between the top 2"x3" and side 2"x2"? That gap looks a little bit funny...

18. PTSolutions

oh, the two uprights are going to be covered with diamond plate (he is going to leopard it) and he is installing 2" flushmount amber led running lights vertically. and the diamond plate will go up and angle down to cover the space. and he left that top crossmember open for now until we fish the wires through.