1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Snapper Shread Single Stage Blower

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by velocicaur, Sep 21, 2014.

1. velocicaur

velocicaur Junior Member

I haven't looked at Snapper products in years, but they have this new single stage snow blower that looks pretty interesting. I cannot find a replica from other manufacturers either.

It's your typical single stage with the paddles, but it has steel serrated blades in there for the heavy stuff that is found on a two stage blower.

What's your opinion?

Looks pretty good to me.

http://www.snapper.com/us/en/snow-blowers/snowshredder?series=Compact+Single+Stage

2. Camden

Camden PlowSite Fanatic

They look decent. The spec sheet doesn't list the weight but I bet they weigh ~100lbs. The other drawback was the electric shoot rotation. Too much plastic there to have any sort of durability. Maybe in a homeowner setting but definitely not for commercial use.

3. WIPensFan

WIPensFan PlowSite Veteran

:) That was the first thing I was looking for as well...the weight. I would have to see a side by side comparison to believe those serrated metal blades actually help. I doubt they really do much other than rust or bend.