1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Sms assist

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by fartbox333, Nov 13, 2015.

1. fartbox333

fartbox333 Member

Anyone ever plow for these guys? They are out of Chicago and they want a bid on 2 Burger Kings.

2. FredG

FredG 2000 Club Member

SMS is this a contractor looking to sub or one of these 3rd party like national etc. I had a bad experience with one of these 3rd party businesses.

I was contracted to plow truck stop motel combination. These people were out of state. I never seen any money for over 90 days. The owners of these least property's told me they had nothing to do with it. After numerous phone calls still no money.

I pulled my equipment out of there and I got a check a few days later. I would not go back. A few days later both owners said if I come back they will pay and split the cost. Signed the contract no problems from there. Come to find out the owner of the property was charging the snow services in the rent.

This is not answering your question but I know I will not take a job unless the people on site are writing the check for the service. Be careful who you work for.

3. fartbox333

fartbox333 Member

That's what I'm hoping to avoid. They said 30-45 days from invoice to pay. I send pics before and after services and the clock starts after each set of pics. I'm not in the business of working for free but if I can carry the 30-40 days, and they hold up their end it should still be worth it for me.

4. 1olddogtwo

1olddogtwo PlowSite Fanatic

Do more research or you might be singing a different tune 60-90 days after the event

5. FredG

FredG 2000 Club Member

SMS is definitely a 3rd party management team. Check the BBB make sure they don't have any complaints. Just plan on carrying them for 90 days to be on the safe side.

6. FredG

FredG 2000 Club Member

You work for thirty days. You than invoice even if they pay you in 45 days turns into 75 days. If you start plowing Dec, 1 you invoice Dec.30. This means you carried them already 30 days. If there honest you should only wait 15 days from invoice totally carrying them 45 days,

7. fartbox333

fartbox333 Member

Invoice is instant when I send before and after pics. So the 30-45 days is supposed to start once they receive photos. I have another bigger lot that pays 7-14 days so it's not like I'll be depending only on this income. I'm charging more to be the bank.

8. 1olddogtwo

1olddogtwo PlowSite Fanatic

Ah, those photos will be lost a few times or put in the wrong folder,or never received, or to fuzz to read,or dated wrong, or whatever else they come up with.

Plenty of guys come here hoping to hear something comforting about a new company (NSP), that's not going to happen. Please invest more time researching.

9. FredG

FredG 2000 Club Member

Sounds like that company that hired me with the pics. and time in and out. Sounds like your all set with the other job carrying SMS.

Good luck.

10. BC Handyman

BC Handyman PlowSite.com Addict

I've done work for them in past, the did pay. took 30 days, but no real hassles

11. Superior L & L

Superior L & L PlowSite Veteran
    from MI

I know lots of guys that have worked for them. They go back for more, so they must be not to bad.

12. FredG

FredG 2000 Club Member

looks like there is one of them management company that is OK. I know I will not get involved with any of them again. That's just to risky to me. If you had to go to court you would have to go to there state and find the right court.

13. icudoucme

icudoucme Senior Member

Make sure you call in when service is provided and hit the proper prompt. They always pay as along as you do your call ins. They are one of the better service providers