1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

SMS Assist = Wait to the last minute

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by TurfSolutionsMN, Nov 13, 2010.

1. TurfSolutionsMN

TurfSolutionsMN Senior Member
    from MN

I recieved an email from this national company a few months ago wondering if I was interested in taking on some of there accounts, I emailed back and said I wasn't interested. Now yesturday I recieved two different emailed from them listing maybe 10 account they dont have someone to provide service. It stated do to the incoming snow storm we has raised our pricing rates. They must of watched the weather and noticed we could get 6"-12" this weekend. I just dont understand why stores hires these national companies.

2. buckwheat_la

buckwheat_la 2000 Club Member

They hire them because even due to the "increased rates" they are still offering it cheaper then it was being done 2 years ago

3. Camden

Camden PlowSite Fanatic

I received a call from them and I told the guy to come on here and list the locations he needs help with. I wonder what their plan is if they can't find a contractor in time :confused:

4. erkoehler

erkoehler PlowSite Veteran

Someone will always pick them up.

5. TCLA

TCLA 2000 Club Member

Plan-A: They will promise to pay someone else more, and that person will believe it.

6. TPC Services

TPC Services Senior Member

So have you drove by these locations to see if thy gotten anyone to plow them yet?? If not I would walk in an talk to the manager of each an leave a card, ok just wonder ing we do other properties around your's and have notice you have not been plowed an had gotten a email from the company all ready hired to do it but do not have the crews line up to plow them.

7. Camden

Camden PlowSite Fanatic

I might go and take care of some of these stores. I'm just waiting on a call back from the guy. The snow isn't sticking where I'm at so if I can go out and make a few bucks today I'm all for it.

8. exmark1

exmark1 PlowSite.com Addict

I got 3 emails from 3 different people at SMS yesterday looking for quotes on stores, never heard back from them!

9. Brant'sLawnCare

Brant'sLawnCare PlowSite.com Addict

Wonder how their evening is going... Might have some angry store managers tomorrow morning.

10. Camden

Camden PlowSite Fanatic

They offered a price of $600/month to clear 80,000 sq ft of parking space, shovel sidewalks and salt.

The guy was decent enough to talk to but that price is laughable and he seemed to understand that.

11. snowbrothers101

snowbrothers101 Senior Member

Camden,

Was it one of the Best Buy sites?

12. OC&D

OC&D PlowSite Veteran
    from Earth

Sign me up! :laughing:

13. Camden

Camden PlowSite Fanatic

No, it was for Office Depot. One location in Eden Prairie and the other in Burnsville. I don't normally work down in the metro area but I love to plow and I thought that their request for "emergency service" would pay a little more. I misjudged that one!

Yeah, what a joke that was. I actually think they got someone to do it for that price because he called back later and said that he had the situation under control.

14. Lugnut

Lugnut Senior Member

I should be able to handle that site with my 2 craftsman lawn tractors with 48'' plows on them right? A friend of mine has a quad with a plow too and might be able to help if we get a big storm

15. OC&D

OC&D PlowSite Veteran
    from Earth

Oh boy. I wonder how long they'll last. That's almost 2 friggin' acres! I'd charge far more than that for the plowing alone per month, much less sidewalks and salt!

16. paponte

paponte Senior Member

They have been hammering us with emails and calls. We just refuse to work for a national company. It just spells trouble for us.