1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

SMS Assist - anyone ever heard or worked for them?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Metro Lawn, Nov 7, 2010.

1. Metro Lawn

Metro Lawn PlowSite.com Addict

I have been asked to service about a dozen locations for SMS Assist from Chicago. Has anyone ever done work for them that could tell me if they pay on time, ect? Thanks
  2. Camden

Camden PlowSite Fanatic

They take care of the Family Dollar locations around here. I chose not to work for them after they made so many demands prior to service. Site surveys, take photos, draw diagrams of the lot, meet the manager, blah blah blah. Too much to service 15000 sq ft. Plus you need to call in each time before you plow. It just wasn't right for me.
  3. Matson Snow

Matson Snow PlowSite.com Addict

So was i...Sherwin Williams and some Best Buy locations........Must have gotten the same email...The Sherwin Williams had all the Pricing....:drinkup:
  4. elite1msmith

elite1msmith 2000 Club Member
    from chicago

id almost say if they are that "big" of a company, and they waited this long to get bids....take a guess how long your check is going to take?
  5. mrsnowman

mrsnowman Senior Member

We were called too. They gave us pricing and I laughed. It was about half of what I would have low balled it to get it. Don't count on getting rich working for them
  6. NW Snow Removal

NW Snow Removal Senior Member

we lost a job to them and my old client told me the pricing. I know they won't get the type of service they expect for a price that low. 140 tons of salt they will need, their price barely covers that. they must plan on melting the ice in a new cheaper way than salt, either that or they purchase the hell out of weather insurance.
  7. mrsnowman

mrsnowman Senior Member

They just offered us a department store lot for under $200.00. That included plowing, sidewalks, loading ramps, and salt. I laughed out loud. They told me that was there best price and I said that I was more then that for the salt alone. They then wanted me to counter. These nationals are such a joke. They don't have any customers in mind. They want to squeeze as much money out as possible and don't give a crap about the service that is provided. I can't understand how these companies keep hiring them!
  8. snowbrothers101

snowbrothers101 Senior Member

I saw Best Buy on this thread. Did they really win Best Buy? They are a joke as it relates to Family Dollar. That guy was right. Want you to draw crazy maps, paperwork crazy and then they hit you with credits when something is not filed out right. Every year they turnover their vendors.

If they ahve Best Buy, that must mean the Evil Empire US Maintenance lost the contract?