1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Smokey duramax

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by moresnow, Feb 19, 2016.

1. moresnow

moresnow Junior Member

I have 2011 duramax. It randomly will smoke blue, white smoke. Mostly when I'm on the gas, but just normal acceleration, not really punching it The truck is bone stock, with 127,000 miles on it. Any ideas what is going on it??? Egr??? Injectors??? Should I just trade it in??

2. Mr.Markus

Mr.Markus PlowSite Fanatic

3. chevyhauler

chevyhauler Senior Member

You may see more white smoke (don't know about blue) when she is in a regen.

4. moresnow

moresnow Junior Member

No I haven't tried a fuel system cleaner. It's definitely more than a bit of white smoke from a regen.....

5. icebreaker

icebreaker Member

Sounds like injectors to me. Have 07 did the same thing and it only has 52000 on it

6. burtle

burtle Member
    from USA

my 2011 just started doing this. It's also going into high idle more often than it usually does. It has around 70,000 miles now. I've called 5 different dealers. None of them will look at it because there's no lights on. They said with no warning lights on they can't tell if there's anything wrong with it or not. If it was an injector etc...they said trust them....it will throw codes.

Seems like from time to time mine blows a blueish smoke.

7. moresnow where are you at

8. moresnow

moresnow Junior Member

I'm in southern Missouri..... The truck has an appointment to get looked at in the morning, so we will see what they find

9. Randall Ave

Randall Ave PlowSite.com Addict

Set of injectors, good as new.

10. Mr.Markus

Mr.Markus PlowSite Fanatic

My 07 has 250K miles on it. Original injectors. A good quality or professional fuel system clean is where I would start.