1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Smoke missing from a Meyer Touchpad.

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by Electro Mech, Dec 15, 2010.

1. Electro Mech

Electro Mech Junior Member

Hi,
    I maintain a slew of odd, old, used and abused snow plowing equipment. The previous owner of a small square Meyer touchpad let ALL of the smoke out of it. I am positive all the cabling is correct and working properly. The pump runs and I can actuate all of the solenoids using a borrowed switch set-up. Using the touchpad all I get is an "overload" light. I took it apart and there is a component burned in half on the PC Board. It is located just below the the Q3 Transistor (Pic Attached). So... anyone out there in a generous mood that could send me the numbers that wrap around that particular component? Anyone know where I can find a schematic for the circuit board? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks,
    Don

IMAG0768.jpg

2. SHARPMACHINE

SHARPMACHINE Junior Member

It is a diode, but I do not know what size? We repaired mine and the white box above was bad also. OK, I just drank a beer while my friend fixed it, otherwise I might have more info. for you. haha

3. Electro Mech

Electro Mech Junior Member

Thanks Sharpmachine!
    I had already replaced the Diode... I thought since still wasn't working maybe it was a special type. My Ceramic Resistor was bad too. I never had one of them die without looking just like the burnt diode. It is up and running. Too bad I spent hours going through ALL the other parts on the board. I missed the obvious.
    Thanks Again and I hope I can return the favor some day.

4. SHARPMACHINE

SHARPMACHINE Junior Member

You are welcome. Glad the idea about the ceramic resistor helped. We actually fried mine while trying to hook it up. We had no instructions and zap, hooked something up wrong. I was nervous, but my friend is an electrician and figured it out. I was so glad when it worked.