1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

smoke coming from motor stud!

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by chevyzrule810, May 17, 2012.

1. chevyzrule810

chevyzrule810 PlowSite.com Addict

A friend of mine stores his plow in my garage.I just picked up a project truck so I needed to move his plow out of the garage.He put two new pistons and hoses,cleaned the suction filter and hasn't touched it since.He came over to move it all he was getting was clicking from the solenoids.We did the coil test from the plow harness and then each coil and they are fine.We then took each coil out bench tested it and they are all fine.The motor was running earlier but isn't at all now.Was he supposed to bleed the system when he installed new pistons? It is an sehp pump and I do have a spare motor laying around.Thanks guys:help:

2. chevyzrule810

chevyzrule810 PlowSite.com Addict

Fixed the problem.He replaced the battery cable plowside when he did the pistons and never tightened the negative cable.