1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

smith ss spreader solenoid

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by wishingtoplow, Dec 1, 2010.

1. wishingtoplow

wishingtoplow Member
    from Pa

Does anyone have a part number for the solenoid used on electric smith spreaders? Will any universal 3 post solenoid work?

2. Stan

Stan Senior Member

Should be an 80 amp automotive ford type. If you really need the part # let me know, dont have it off hand.

3. wishingtoplow

wishingtoplow Member
    from Pa

If you dont mind bud. just want one for back up

4. lilweeds

lilweeds PlowSite.com Addict

You can use any 4 post. I like the bear solenoids they use on the blizzard plows.

5. lilweeds

6. wishingtoplow

wishingtoplow Member
    from Pa

what exactly is the difference between a 3 and 4 post solenoid? can the smaller wire be hooked to either of the smaller studs on a 4 post?

7. lilweeds

Three wire ones, I would assume ground through the big post? Or maybe through the bracket. Not sure.

8. Stan

Stan Senior Member

Part # 99-b98596 80 amp solenoid. You can not use a automotive style unless its continuous duty.

9. Stan

Stan Senior Member

Hope this helps.

10. wishingtoplow

wishingtoplow Member
    from Pa

thank you bud

11. Stan

Stan Senior Member

Anytime, I have a truck heading into Smith's next week for 4 spreaders. Should pick some of them up for my inventory.