1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Smith Spreaders

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by plowking35, Dec 21, 2001.

1. plowking35

plowking35 2000 Club Member
    from SE CT

I finally found the site for smith spreaders that I like so much.
    www.smithspreaders.com
    I know it was to easy to figure out, but sometimes the easiest answer is right under our noses.
    Dino

2. CT18fireman

CT18fireman Banned

I wish I had bought one of those. Next year I guess

3. Lawn Lad

Lawn Lad Senior Member

Anyone using electric Smith Spreaders?

I've got a 2000 GMC 3500, was thinking about the 1.8 CY for this one. I've also got an F550 cab and chasis on order. Since I dont' need it for landscaping, I'm thinking about putting a Smith Spreader right onto the frame. The electric version would prevent me on both trucks from having to have either an engine or hydraulics respectively.

I'm waiting on pricing, but in the meantime thought I'd get some feedback. There isn't too much info on Smith Spreaders. I get more hits about Chuck talking about spreaders!lol

4. Michael F

Michael F Senior Member

Dino, Thank you

5. BRL

BRL PlowSite.com - Veteran

LOL Michael, Dino posted that in 2001.
    Lawn Lad,
    Did you search here? I'm pretty sure there are a few detailed posts from Dino about that spreader, or maybe a different size? Not sure if others jumped in on those threads or not.

6. Lawn Lad

Lawn Lad Senior Member

That's why I brought this post up from two years ago... it was the one of the very few that I identified that mentioned this brand of plow. I'll do another search using Dino's screen name to see what I come up with. But I'm also hoping to get more than one opinion on the units.