1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Smith Dual Electric controller question

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by xtreem3d, Nov 13, 2009.

1. xtreem3d

xtreem3d PlowSite.com Addict

evening guys,
    will try to make this short as possible...i have a dual electric smith spreader that operates with one on/off switch. about a year or so ago smith had a dual electric controller but it was plauged with problems so it was discontinued...then they contracted another company to redesign it and i have it in my possesion but haven't hooked it up due to the fact that my sales rep says he just isn't sure about them. what i want to know is alot of other companies have dual elec. controllers will any of them work on any other spreaders..if not explain why? i was thinking i could use a Karrier unit ( i know i should call them but it's friday night) that was made for 2 electric motors...any info would be great,
    steve