1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

"Smells" like winter outside

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Brian Young, Sep 8, 2010.

1. Brian Young

Brian Young PlowSite Veteran

Its finally not 90 degrees out, more like in the 50's and 60's and I got a wiff of that winter air! It won't be long. xysport

2. salopez

salopez Senior Member

I wish! it was 97, and we were layin asphalt....maybe next week

3. TheBossMan2000

TheBossMan2000 Junior Member

gettin colder here in Michigan too....hoping snow flakes would start flying soon, but we still have a little while before that happens.....unfortunatly.

4. mansf123

mansf123 Senior Member
    from mass

Once we hit october winter seems to really sneak up. Im usually so busy finishing up my landscaping work this time of year i neglect to get ready for winter. Before you know it the weatherman is calling for snow and the plows still buried in the back of the shop.

5. Brian Young

I think we're safe til' late October / November'ish.

6. TheBossMan2000

Late nov possibly dec. here :mad:

7. leigh

leigh PlowSite.com Addict
    from CT

Record high of 89 today. Spent 6 hrs kitesurfing in 74 degree LI sound water. Sunburned
    face and lips. 3 more months till snow for us. Be careful what you wish for !

8. Brian Young

I'm going to out on a limb and say 1st week of December for us and its going to be a good one. Again our lake is still in the 70's.

9. TheBossMan2000

well i hope you get a great start to the season then. hopefully that lake effect kicks in for ya.

10. fordzilla

fordzilla Member

winter is near, i dont remember wearing a tshirt in the last week or 2 ,its startin to get cold

11. Brian Young

Yeah, was mowing with a sweatshirt on all day today.

12. IDOCTORTREES

IDOCTORTREES Senior Member
    from MONTANA

We had snow on the ground in, Big Sky Mt had to shut down our tree job..

13. mercer_me

mercer_me PlowSite Fanatic

It's starting to cool in Maine. I can't wait untill we start getting a frost at nite.

14. cold_and_tired

cold_and_tired PlowSite.com Addict

We have been in the 80's but dropping to the 40's at night. We start getting plowable events around the end of October.

15. Brian Young

I wish some of these nationals would hurry up with the contracts! There could be snow on the ground in a month! Not going to drop 12k on equipment until I get a signed contract. :dizzy: