1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Smashed front plate

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by concreteguy, Feb 8, 2015.

1. concreteguy

concreteguy Senior Member

Just bought a new 2015 Chevy 2500 HD and kept my MVP Plus plow. I had a new truck-side installed on the truck and I noticed that the plow is right up against my front plate, smashing it. The company didn't have the plow when they installed the truck-side, not sure it matters. Is there a way to get the plow further away from the truck. Is there an adjustment to be made on the plow frame portion of the truck-side mount. I can't believe that it would be engineered like this from Western. Can the plow itself be adjusted so it doesn't do this. The adjustment pins on the part that allows the plow frame to oscillate are adjustable ? Anybody think that'll help ?
    Thanks, Tom

2. concreteguy

I guess my question would be do I follow the instructions on page 8 in the Western library for the mvp plus

3. Antlerart06

Antlerart06 PlowSite Veteran

New plow time the new MVP are design different thinking to fit around these newer bumpers
    instead of a straight tower they have a curve tower now That's the way my 2 new MVPs are
    I hook up my older MVP there is hardly any room between the bumper and the plow tower

4. JoeG3

JoeG3 Senior Member

Not sure if it helps but my when my fisher was installed on my '15 2500 they had to modify my front plate to keep the plow off the plate. I'm not sure how they differ on the mount but I can send pictures of mine if you want.

5. concreteguy

if you can send pics, thanks

6. JoeG3

JoeG3 Senior Member

https://flic.kr/p/qPKwDe

It's hard to see with the plow on but the plate is almost at a 45 to the ground. I'm not sure if it was removed to modify the plate and lower bumper or not but they did remove a metal bracket from behind the bumper. I can try to find that and take a picture tomorrow.

7. Antlerart06

Antlerart06 PlowSite Veteran

From that pic looks like you have lots of room between the plow and the bumper

8. JoeG3

JoeG3 Senior Member

Yes because the plate was moved on mine. If it wasn't the plate would be right where the cross bar is.

9. concreteguy

I'll have to check if they zip-tied the lower valance after the metal frame was removed. I was just thinking since the plow was setup on my other truck that I'd have to re-adjust the brackets. I'm not sure that would be the fix I'm looking for