1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

SmartTouch2 Controller Mount

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by Mopard, Jan 13, 2013.

1. Mopard

Mopard Senior Member

I had fabbed a perfect window mount for the controller for my '06 Dodge but of course it wouldn't work with the new Dodge ... the glass is too tight on the weatherstrip.
    I found a product called "Loc-line" ... saw it being used to hold some heavy camera lights. So I ordered some pieces and this is what I came up with. Gonna fine tune a couple things for next season but it's worked great and very comfortable as is. Just throwing out another idea as I know many are always looking for mounting options for the SmartTouch2 and this stuff is infinitely adjustable.
    Kinda messed the pics up a little ... not use to the sun actually shining anymore with all the crap the jets spew in the sky these days.

[​IMG]

2. jhenderson9196

jhenderson9196 Senior Member

I just Velcroed mine to the arm rest. Works great, costs almost nothing, and removes in about 5 seconds.

3. Mopard

Mopard Senior Member

Post a pic!
    I also velcroed the controller to the aluminum pad at the top so it can be quickly removed from the Loc-line ... the whole Loc-line assembly is attached using a wingnut and velcro so it too can be removed in a few seconds. Total cost was about $20 and a little time.

4. scott3430

scott3430 PlowSite.com Addict

That's a nice spot if I used my left hand on my controller, I always use my right hand, I guess I'm used to that. Nice pics!

5. Spool it up

Spool it up Senior Member

velcro to thigh

6. PLOWZOMBIE

PLOWZOMBIE Junior Member

Nice setup