1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Smartphone app

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by lakeeffect, Nov 26, 2013.

1. lakeeffect

lakeeffect Senior Member

2. Snoviper

Snoviper Senior Member

I just posted

Too funny, I just posted a question about this to the forum. I didn't see your post.:eek:

3. jasonv

jasonv PlowSite.com Addict
    from kannada

They're still making software for apple? What are they down to, about 5% market share? With Android breaking over 81%, we won't even bother wasting resources on anything else.

4. Snoviper

Snoviper Senior Member

I emailed them and they said they will be also coming out with a windows phone app in the future. I like the windows phone because I can move between that and my laptop easily. The only down side is the low amount of apps so far.

5. dieselboy01

dieselboy01 Senior Member

Very interesting....

6. jbell36

jbell36 Senior Member
    from Kansas

haha, read the comments…they say $25 per driveway is steep….i hate driveways, our minimum is $50 and we probably have 75 or so, never really hear "wow that's high." i do give them a take it or leave it tone with confidence, because i'm almost hoping they say no ha

7. hoskm01

hoskm01 Senior Member
    from AZ

That's a pretty smart setup for them.

Wondering what their contract looks like and who holds liability?

8. Mike Nelson

Mike Nelson Senior Member

9. Wilnip

Wilnip Senior Member

That's actually a neat idea. As long as you have room in your route to add a few more drives if there close, why not. Wonder how much of a cut the programmer gets?

10. lawnlandscape

lawnlandscape Senior Member

My question would be... what company would have room left on their routes to get a ton of spur of the moment requests??

You know the requests would really only flow in during massive snow storms... and those are the ones were our routes already feel way to big as they are.

Seems like a lot of people would be requesting a service and have no one show up.

11. Rick547

Rick547 Senior Member
    from Indiana

Pretty neat idea! One way a newbie could start a bushiness.