1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

smartlock cylinders how much?

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by twgranger, Feb 3, 2008.

1. twgranger

twgranger Senior Member
    from .

i have a set of smartlock cylinders laying around that are 2 years old since they wont work on the new xt. was wondering of much i could get out of them?

2. THE05HD

THE05HD Member
    from WI

Smart Locks

P.M. ME OR CALL ME 715-612-9488

I WOULD LIKE TO BUY THESE.

AARON

3. RBRONKEMA GHTFD

RBRONKEMA GHTFD 2000 Club Member

Why wont they work on the xt?

4. twgranger

twgranger Senior Member
    from .

on the newer plows the piston is bigger so the mount on the plow is to small for the pistons slide in.

5. Wieckster

Wieckster Senior Member

They are like 325 a piece is what my dealer told me I am getting my new 8.2 XT installed on my truck tomorrow I cant wait to push some snow with it. I am having them install the smart locks now because they are only 235 if you get them when the plow is installed.

6. RBRONKEMA GHTFD

RBRONKEMA GHTFD 2000 Club Member

AH I see I see.

7. bosslover

bosslover Member

hey let me know if you still got them and if the will fit on a smart hitch 8'2 and how much you gotta get for them

8. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

The main difference is in the cylinder body itself on the end that attaches to the center tower. The newer cylinders are smaller in dia on that end (non just the smart locks either). The bolt tabs are closer together on the center tower because if this. (that also makes the '06 and newer center towers different from the '05 and previous one too).

Here you can see the difference in dia:

HYD7034-OS-Smart-Lock-Angle-Cyl-05-Older-Plows.jpg

HYD9733-NS-Smart-Lock-Angle-Cyl-06-Plows-Newer.jpg

Last edited: Feb 6, 2008
  9. bosslover

bosslover Member

what do you have to get for the smart locks