1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

smarthitch slow detaching speed.

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by Stalkker66, Jan 17, 2009.

1. Stalkker66

Stalkker66 Junior Member

hey guys, posted here a few times with some issues. one of those weeks were all is happening at once. well this one has been for a while but thought i would ask now anyways. i adjusted my lowering valve to drop the plow faster a while ago. i like the speed but now my smarthitch is really slow when detaching from my truck. i hold the button and the motor is going like normal but the drop is very very slow. is this related to the control valve i adjusted? do i need to adjust a little more to ta slower drop the get the detaching speed back?

thanks, jeff

2. wild bill

wild bill PlowSite.com Addict

slow

really don't have to power down the frame just power up enough to release the pins and just grab ahold of the light bar and it will pull down easy .little stiff when cold . some times when you power it down it can push oil out the breather on the tank .