1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

SmartHitch Issue

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by Mike_13, Jan 6, 2011.

1. Mike_13

Mike_13 Member

I recently posted that I thought my SH switch was bad because it would not function. However, I found that after I had hooked up my salt spreader wiring I had 2 loose connections that are part of the wiring harness for the plow. Problem solved.

Now I am having trouble with mounting and removing my plow using the SH switch. When I actuate the switch either up or down the the pump runs, however the tower will not raise or lower. By the way, all other functions of the plow work once it is hooked up. Any ideas what my problem may be? Thanks!

2. RBRONKEMA GHTFD

RBRONKEMA GHTFD 2000 Club Member

3. White Knight

White Knight Member

If the pump is running the controller is in float, is the motor deadheading? The orange wire is energized when the controller is in float; this in turn activates the lower valve and sends power to the switch.
    1. Switch up (attach) powers up the black wire closing the smarthitch valve and also powers up the white wire (raise valve) and activates the pump solenoid through the white/black wire.
    2. Switch down (Detach) powers up the white wire (raise valve) and activates the pump solenoid through the white/black wire.

4. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Quickest way down this road is to check the SH coil for mag. If the SH valve isn't closed it won't raise the light tower.