1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Smarthitch 2 Wont raise?

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by thebossman, Nov 26, 2009.

1. thebossman

thebossman Junior Member

hey guys just trying to figure out why my smarthitch wont raise up to lock the pins in place...... just replaced the motor due to salt gettin in it..... when i hit the switch to raise smarthitch you can hear something working but not lifting???? blade works fine up down left right.....just the smarthitch tymusic

2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Does the motor run when you activate the switch?

Make sure you didn't knock a wire off while you were in there swapping motors. Check both the switch and the white and orange wire as they head over to the valve manifold. Be sure the bumper plug is clean as well..

If it all looks perfect then the switch is probably the culprit.

3. thebossman

thebossman Junior Member

thanks alot, had this start last winter... in a blizzard trying to hook plow up.... **** it was cold an i dont feel like going threw it again.... thxs B&B ill let you know tomm how it turns out...
    Thxs