1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

smarthitch 2 lift problem

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by jbwerling, Dec 11, 2009.

1. jbwerling

jbwerling Junior Member

I have a 7.5 standard duty with a smarthitch 2. I am having problems with the lift to hook up the the truck. The motor will run, but will not move. I have to man handle it on the truck. It seems that when it is warmed up, it works just fine. When it is bitter cold is when I notice the problem. During the off season, it seems to work just fine. Is this a valve problem?
  2. wild bill

wild bill PlowSite.com Addict

smart hitch

i would say to check the truck and plow 13 pin plug for cleanliness and grease i found gravel if you run with out the dust covers,check the smart hitch coil wires to see how tight a connection there is ad grease them up,and connections to the switch .you can check the valve stem on the valve to see if there is a bond of corrosion between the coil and stem when you slide it off .try the newer sealed switch if all else fails,the old one's they are subject to water and corrosion inside that's all i got .:waving: