1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Smart Touch 2 controller?

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by peterk800xc, Sep 26, 2006.

1. peterk800xc

peterk800xc Senior Member

I am needing a new controller for my plow to replace my old joystick.Can anyone tell me how much the new Smart Touch 2 controllers are and are they a direct replacement wire wise from my old one.Thanks.
  2. DaySpring Services

DaySpring Services PlowSite.com Addict

It should be a direct replacement. Check Ebay I've seen a few controllers on lately.
  3. SnoFarmer

SnoFarmer PlowSite Fanatic
    from N,E. MN

I was just at the plow store. I don't remember the exact price but the touch pad does costs more than the JOY-stick.
    Touch pad was around $200 and the joy-stick was around $175.

It should be plug and play, no mods necessary.
  4. 06HD BOSS

06HD BOSS 2000 Club Member

Does the joystick not work anymore? Because i have the handheld but want a joystick...
  5. peterk800xc

peterk800xc Senior Member

Yes it works but at times when lowering the blade, all of a sudden, the blade will full tilt to the right ot left! My dealer thought he had it fixed but its doing it once again and its not pretty if Im between cars in a parking lot!!! I contacted him today and he is going to call BOSS in the morning to see if they will cover it under warranty ( even though my warranty is out) seeing I have had the problem since new. The joystick I do like but the Smart 2 seems a little more versatile in mounting. Thanks for the replies all !!!!!!!!!!!