1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Smart switch issue

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by Touchstone, Jan 11, 2015.

1. Touchstone

Touchstone Junior Member
    from Calgary

Hello. I picked up a brand new 8.2 v plow this year. The plow works great until I try to take it off my truck. I put the plow in float mode and when I hit smart switch up. It tries to pull the down rather then going up the inch or two, to allow the pins to disengage. I finally get the plow off the truck by just pushing on the lights. I go to put the plow back on tonight. And the light assembly won't lift up with the smart switch. Any help would be greatly appreciated

2. Rick547

Rick547 Senior Member
    from Indiana

Read the manual. To get a plow off a truck you put the remote in float. Go outside and release the locks. Raise the plow like you are going to put it on the truck by pushing the switch up. Then you lower the head unit by placing the switch in the down position.

Works overtime.

3. Jakedaawg

Jakedaawg Senior Member
    from N. Mi

I wonder if the wires are reversed on the switch? Did you try pressing switch down first to get it to raise and then pushing up to lower the tower?

4. maxwellp

maxwellp PlowSite.com Addict

My first thought. :gunsfiring:

5. Touchstone

Touchstone Junior Member
    from Calgary

The switch has worked all season. I've taken it off the truck a few Times and back on. Just this last time is when it went wrong. No matter what way I push the switch, up or down. It tries to pull the light down. It will not go up. I took it back out to my dealer and of course that day it was working fine. I've pulled the plastic cover off and checked all the wires to see if one had fallen off.

6. maxwellp

Check the 13 pin connector.

7. maxwellp

Or could be the HYD07047
    VALVE CARTRIDGE,SMRT/HTCH

8. YorkTrailers

YorkTrailers Junior Member

I have seen this from time to time when the 13 pin is not plugged in all the way. It seems to be more of a problem if the 13 pin is not mounted on the truck. Make sure plug is cleaned/ greased and plugged in all the way. Again I feel that the truck side plug should be mounted so it is easier to plug in tightly.