1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

smart lock/fluid questions

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by cv700, Dec 13, 2010.

1. cv700

cv700 Junior Member

Purchased Boss VXT with smart locks, but today while plowing with blade angled the left side moved back into "V" position fairly easy, is this normal? After busting through about a 4' drift I was cutting away at it and when the left side was all the way out it it came back into the "V" position, then I noticed some fluid leaking from inside, I pulled the cover off and all the fittings were dry, but cap on reservoir was wet, looked like this is a breather cap, if that cylinder in pushing in, is that forcing the fluid out breather? Could I have had too much fluid in it? Appreciate an help, thanks.

2. bltp203

bltp203 Senior Member

I believe smart locks only keep the wings from going forward (scoop) while backdragging. The plow wings will retract when going up against something solid enough so things don't break.

Fluid on the breather cap is normal. I always tend to overfill mine and it burps fluid for awhile.

3. RCsLawncare

RCsLawncare Senior Member

The Boss has that system so it relieves the pressure and does not break stuff. But you should be fine, mine has puked fluid before, just keep an eye on it that its in the correct level.