1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Smart lock cylinders adjustment

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by jdceltix33, Dec 13, 2009.

1. jdceltix33

jdceltix33 Junior Member
    from midwest

I have smart lock cylinders on my V plow. Recently, I've noticed the left wing moves back and forth while back dragging snow. Is there an adjustment for the Smart Locks or do these get old after time. I bought the plow used and would estimate the plow is four years old.

2. RBRONKEMA GHTFD

RBRONKEMA GHTFD 2000 Club Member

I've heard they go bad. That is most likely the cause. I'm not sure what they cost to replace.

3. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Sounds like a stuck valve in the cylinder. May be able to address is with a good flushing but often times they need disassembled to fully remove any debris. A hydraulic shop can do the job if you provide the rebuild kit.

Going this route would be much less expensive than replacing the cylinder as SL's are not inexpensive.