1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Smart Hitch Switch?

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by Geoff426, Jan 30, 2013.

1. Geoff426

Geoff426 Junior Member

Hi all-

So I bought a diesel truck that has a 9' boss plow with it. It has worked great since my purchase in September until now. It has been sitting in my driveway waiting for some snow. I went out the other day and tried to hook it up and move it, and the switch on the plow to raise it up to lock in did nothing.
    I thought maybe the solenoid was bad so I replaced it. That didnt fix it.
    I recently took it in to the dealer for some service and they load tested the batteries. (this is all I can think of causing the problem so far) Could that have fried the solenoid that was in it? I honestly dont know if they took the batteries out or unhooked them to do the test.
    It will run the motor left/right and sound like the motor is running up but I cannot hook it up (attach it to the truck) to test it for sure. Could this be just the switch went bad out of the blue? I had used the plow not too long ago, maybe a couple weeks?

Thanks
    Geoff

2. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Did you put the controller in float?

3. WilliamOak

WilliamOak PlowSite.com Addict

Put the controller in float and push the headgear up. My v has done it intermittently not a big deal at all

4. Geoff426

Geoff426 Junior Member

re

Ok. Now I feel stupid. It wasn't in float. Thank you much for the super fast correct solution reponses!

Geoff