1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

smart hitch & smart hitch II ?

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by bigboss1977, Dec 25, 2011.

1. bigboss1977

bigboss1977 Senior Member
    from Utah

Can someone please tell me the difference between smart hitch and smart hitch II on the Boss Plows if any difference? Trying to buy a couple spear parts online, the boss dealer out this was is useless....So I'm done giving them my business. I know my plow is RT3 and I know it has smart hitch but unsure whether its smart hitch or smart hitch II

Thanks

2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

There's many different ways to know what you have,

SH1 used a two position SH toggle. SH2 has a three position switch with the center being off and the up or down being momentary on.

Plow side wiring will be 11-pin on a SH1 and 13-pin on a SH2.

SH1 has the attaching pins you have to manually twist to engage or dis-engage. SH2 uses the spring loaded lock pin levers to pre-load the pins automatically.

3. bigboss1977

bigboss1977 Senior Member
    from Utah

My toggle switch I guess is a three position switch, its always in the middle, and I can move it in the down or up position. Or maybe I'm mistaken and it only a two position toggle switch.

The attaching pins I have to manually switch the levers to engage then I put the toggle switch in the up position to attach the plow....So I guess this would be just SH1? Still learning things on this Boss Plow, But must say I LOVE it.

4. sailorman3

sailorman3 Member

No I think you have the SH2. The switch you described is a 3 way swith. Off, up and down. Also when the previous post said you could have automatic locking pins, they still have to be manually flipped and the when you raise the plow to the locking position the pins move over and lock by themselves.

5. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

It's a SH2.