1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

smart hitch issue

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by PlowTeam5, Nov 19, 2010.

1. PlowTeam5

PlowTeam5 Senior Member

I just installed a boss straight blade on my truck and everything works perfect. The only thing that does not work is the smart hitch. I plug in my connections and I get nothing when I hit the switch on the smart hitch. Truck is on and power is on the plow. Grounds are all good. I open the positive/negative plug for it and it looks like the female end on it is plastic inside. That doesnt seem normal.
  2. PlowTeam5

PlowTeam5 Senior Member

Cancel, I figured it out. I didnt have the controller in the float position. :blush2:
  3. rhkfwain

rhkfwain Senior Member
    from FWA, IN

View attachment 83955

Glad you figured it out!
    Last edited: Oct 23, 2011
  4. chitown sparky

chitown sparky Senior Member

same thing happened to me with my first one called the dealer and no one answered the phone then just read the manual and there it was
  5. elecblu

elecblu Member

I just hate it when you have to read the instruction book. LOL
  6. PlowTeam5

PlowTeam5 Senior Member

Instructions are usually the first thing I toss to the side when doin anything. wesport