1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Smart Hitch 2 Question

Discussion in 'Boss Plow Forum' started by GR Salter, Jan 9, 2002.

1. GR Salter

GR Salter Junior Member

I recently purchased a new 8'6" straight plow with the smart hitch 2.
    After a night of plowing one of the coupler pins actually worked it's
    way all the way out. Luckily this only happened on one side. Right
    now they are both zip tied in. Is there an update kit for this?
    Also one light bulb socket on each headlight melted. This on the
    new headlight style. Please don't give the standard "never heard of
    that happening" reply. Our dealer says he's been seeing this.
    We have 12 Boss plows and are happy with them. We also have a great
    dealer.(B&B truck)
    Thanks

2. chrizbie

chrizbie Junior Member
    from NY

Smart Hitch 2

Hi GR, I just bought mine about a week ago. When I was there I was told about a recall on the pin handles and the dealer had to cut them down and file them smooth. Is it possible this is the problem?? I guess the handles were getting caught in the snow. I hope this helps a little. Chris

3. Boss Plows

Boss Plows Junior Member

we do have a recall on the rolled pin. Ask you dealer for part number MSC04764. It seems the handle on the release pin is loading up the rolled pin. If it gets enough movement(load), it will cold work the rolled pin. We have just started shipping the pin kits to all dealers so it may be a week or so before every dealer has stock on the MSC04764 kit.
    The BOSS Plow

4. John DiMartino

John DiMartino PlowSite.com Veteran

I guess this is the answer to my problem too.I never did get a reply when i asked about it.

5. John DiMartino

John DiMartino PlowSite.com Veteran

My repair kits just came in the mail now,Trailer king responded quickly,they are a great dealer,the kit replaces the roll pins with stronger,solid bolts,ill get mine on tonight.I hope this fixes it for good,there were no other instructions in the kit,about cutting ,and filing anything.