1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Smart Hitch 2 problem

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by mrploww, Mar 16, 2013.

1. mrploww

mrploww Junior Member
    from OH

I have a Boss UTV V plow. I just added the Smart Hitch 2 system to it. It worked at first, but now there is a problem removing and installing the plow. When removing: I flip the locks to Off, plow in Float, click the switch up to get the pins to release and the cylinder does not move. If I push the tower close to the Kubota, the pins will release then I click the switch down and it moves down. Try to install the plow and the tower will not come up at all. Click the switch and it just sits there, motor running. I can manually push the tower. Do I have air in the cylinder? How do I bleed it out?

Thanks!

2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

It's not activating the smart hitch valve for one reason or another. Either you have a loose connection in your newly added wiring at the switch or valve coil, or the valve itself is stuck. Start with checking the SH coil for magnetism while holding up on the switch. This will identify if it's a wiring issue or a valve issue. Then you can go from there.

3. mrploww

mrploww Junior Member
    from OH

Update on the problem: I determined that the Smart Hitch relay has a nut that should only go on one way so it keeps the relay up against the manifold. I had the nut on the wrong way and it allowed the relay to slide back and forth, keeping it from making contact with the manifold. I didn't realize that the nut was not threaded all the way through! Boss does not mention this in the instructions. It works perfect now!