1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Smart hitch 2 boss v plow

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by jkrall, Oct 15, 2014.

1. jkrall

jkrall Junior Member

So I am new to this but I have recently gotten a boss vplow 8.2 ft. Lights work up down left right v and scoup work ...I have a joy stick controller and the smart hitch works , i use a handheld controller and it does nothing for the smart hitch once the plow is on everything works great. ... i did notice sparks when unhooking...i added a ground from the pump to the engine block and added extra ground from selonoid to engine block....i still notice a small spark once in a while but the hand held remote still will not work the smart hitch...and yes i have it in float mode where it turns red :). joy stick always works on any of these combinations for grounding options. any ideas :)

2. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

Does it spark when you don't put it in float? And remove the plug

3. jkrall

jkrall Junior Member

No only sparks when it is unhooking/hooking while using smart hitch. It is a older plow possibly 2004 ish. I heard that I should make my own ground from pump to all solenoid on plow as they are grounded to them self and thru frame. ?

4. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

Ck your plow gnd wire to start with. Where you have it attached on the trk.
    But sounds like there's current flowing and not operating a motor

5. jkrall

jkrall Junior Member

Yeah I have extra ground to engine from pump. Weird how it only works with joy stick